Monday, April 5, 2010

my nephew


Holding him, looking at him, and just being in his presence is a joy. This is the first new born I have ever been around and I couldn't be more excited to be apart of his life and watch him grow up. It's crazy how you could love something from the second they are born. Babies really are miracles. Questions run through my head. How does his body know how to breath? How does his body know how to swallow, how to blink, and how to digest? It is truly amazing how a person begins life. It's hard to imagine I was ever that small, or even anyone, but we all start out that way. It really makes you appreciate all your parent had to do for you and all the long hours in the middle of the night, sleep deprived, your Mom had to care for you. A friend once told me, "your Mom will always love you more then you love them". I think I can finally see that. Before even knowing your Mom, before experiencing love or knowing what it is, your Mom loved you. I wonder what thoughts, feelings, sensations, run through Caden's head. Babies are truly extraordinary. I love my nephew so much and I am so blessed to have an amazing family who supports my 22 year old sister's decisions in providing and taking care of Caden in their home.

No comments:

Post a Comment